Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thank Goodness for $10 Co-PaysSo, another trip to Knoxville Pediatrics! The doctors office either thinks I am: a.) wonderful, caring mommy or b.) a ridiculous, over reacting, pathetic stay-at-home first-time mother. Regardless, they always know who I am when I call... which in some ways makes me feel like its a nice, small town sort of practice. But, its not... it is a huge practice! The office we go to have 13 pediatricians.. yeah 13. So, they probably shouldn't know me so well especially when Grace Anne is only 2 and 1/2 months old! I'm thinking that they probably are leaning toward choice B above.. but oh well, so be it!

Anyways, we went to the doctor today. She was definitely sleeping more yesterday and through the night. While I love the thought of her sleeping, I was somewhat concerned that it was all of the sudden. This morning she woke up and ate. She just didn't look like she felt too good with her gooey, puffy eyes and snotty nose. I don't think she ever truly got over the snotty nose.. even with the Little Noses saline drops, the bulb syringe, and two humidifers! But, the coughing, sneezing, and fussiness was really breaking our hearts. Another concern I had was RSV... I don't think she was exposed to it anywhere, but I've heard several friends talking about their kids having it recently.. sooooo I felt it was a good idea to have her checked. Nonetheless, my "friends" over at the doctor's office told me to come on in and we could see another doctor since our doctor was out of the office today.

The good news: RSV test was negative! Dr. Blevins (the doctor we saw today) said that his 3 month old has been suffering from the same symptoms. He said the only thing he could recommend was tylenol to help her feel better overall and rest... trying to keep her happy enough to sleep! (so that means lots of cuddling with Mommy and Daddy)He also noticed and commented on her amazing strength! She just props her self right up as if she was doing push ups. She is really holding her neck steady now too! Anyways.. she still has no fever, her tempurature has hovered at a little bit above 99 degrees all day. So she isn't even really "sick"! She just doesn't feel 100% and I'm sure its the weather etc. The doctor told me there isn't any concern and she doesn't have some chronic problem or anything. Again... another reason for them to lean to option B above. One day I'll look back and think gosh I was such a silly, first time Mom! But, those of you that are experienced-- go ahead and giggle, have a little laugh.. just don't send me advice--- we are learning and we aren't soliciting advice at this time! But, I will say, at this point I have to make the best decisions for helping me sleep at night! (my sleep is so limited I need to make it as restful as possible and we have enough other stressers in our lives right now)


No comments:

Post a Comment