Thursday, January 28, 2010

TARGET..who me?

So, today Grace Anne and I went to Target (my all time fave store that I am addicted to and visit frequently...and have lately been claiming that I go for exercising since its too cold to walk outside)!! While we were strolling through the aisles I noticed a local news anchor. I saw her several times as we roamed down every aisle and sifted thought the clearance items on each end cap. Apparently the news was at Target doing a fun little story on what you need when you get snowed in. Of course we aren't going to be snowed in (FYI: the local meteorologist are calling for snow.. and in Knoxville that apparently means a blizzard is coming so we need to run and get our milk and bread). Nonetheless, the camera crew and anchor (who was doubling as field reporter) wewere getting two Target customers to participate in a little relay race. Grace Anne and I were just shopping for Daddy some cereal when the camera man came barreling down the aisle behind one of the contestants. We got caught on tape! Daddy saw it on the news tonight and took a picture of it with the camera, the picture above is the picture he took of the TV with the news on. I'm so proud that my child was in Target when she made her first TV News appearance. She is going to be a superstar, ya know. She'll be making many more TV appearances... you wait and see!
On the SNOW front, we may get 3-4 inches (that according to my in-house meteorologist). I don't think we will be stuck in the house (hopefully not, don't want to go stir crazy....you all know how I like to be on the go go go!) But.. I can gaurentee that every grocery store in the Knoxville area saw an increase in bread and milk sales. Kris doesn't understand the bread and milk phenomena, but that's the two items people buy around here when it snows or shall I saw when there is a snow prediction. Kris claims that if the power goes out then everyone would be drinking warm milk and eating bread and nothing about that seems appealing to him. What he doesn't know and hasn't gotten to witness is the jugs of milk end up in the snow AND they aren't warm-- that's what happened in the Blizzard of -93! I just felt like I couldn't end this posting without referring to the Blizzard of '93.(For the non-locals, the blizzard of 1993 was a huge snow storm that will be talked about until the end of time in this city!) Above is a nice retro picture of the infamous 1993 snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment