Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sweet Dreams.. Sweet Pea
So, good thing I'm not one of those people that require advance bookings for visitors
(we used to have a family member that made you feel as though you weren't welcome without advanced notice) ! Yesterday Kris told me his grandpa and wife were in Pigeon Forge... He told me this around 11:30 and within an hour they were visiting! Its awesome they could just show up to see Grace Anne! (Glad they didn't come to see me! I had just gotten out of the shower and my hair was still in a towel !) I love Pa Gene and Sandra! They are both a lot of fun to talk to and have actually surprised us with a visit twice since Grace Anne was born!


The latest money expenditure ( came in the form of Breathable Bumpers. I've walked into the nursery on several occasion to witness a foot between the bars. Of course the bumpers have been removed from the bed as they are "unsafe" once the baby can roll over due to suffocation risks. But walking into the baby's room to see a foot dangling out of the crib is is a scary sight! When I walked in there yesterday morning and the foot was a whole leg I had to find a solution. Her whole leg was between the bars and that was more than scary-- it was terrifying. "What if's" filled my mind!! The only solution I could come to was to purchase the Breathable Bumpers and hope for the best. They aren't exactly cute and I don't exactly like what they look like, but if they keep the little one safe, well that's the ultimate goal.
I know what some of you are thinking... "When I had kids they didn't have that stuff AND they turned out fine.." and those were the sentiments of my neighbor Bob... "If all this baby stuff is so dangerous, then why aren't we all dead?" I must admit, Bob has a point! (For any of those who have not met Bob, you are missing out. He is in his 60's, nuclear engineer in Oak Ridge, and truly a good hearted man. When you ask "hey Bob, how are ya?" he will most certainly reply.."better than I deserve") But as previously mentioned, we are keeping our baby safe and new research and technology has lead to the need for more stuff I suppose!!

I'm posting a few pictures that I've failed to include in previous posts...


The pictures above are at Daddy's softball game Monday.We had a picnic dinner before the game and then watched Daddy's team get blown out by the "Waterdogs." It was a very warm day and Grace Anne was rockin' the Zutano hat!

Last week we went to see the fourth graders that I student taught. We watched their musical and then attended the Rock Star party-- Grace Anne got to dance with my crazy, fun mentor teacher!

Toys are becoming so much more fun at 6 months! I couldn't help but include this picture!

And, for Daddy's sake... I'll note that 100 days from today begins FOOTBALL time in TENNESSEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment