Saturday, May 15, 2010

Half a year old...
6 months...
yes, that time has come...
I really can't believe it and I'm pretty much still in denial.. but its true. Grace Anne is officially 6 months old! Wow, where has the time gone? what happened the 2nd or the 3rd month? how is it May already? I have a distinct feeling I'll continue to ask myself where time has gone over the next several years and I am so glad I am staying home with her now... (even if we are POOR!)

So, anyone who knows me that my birthday is a week long event-I'd celebrate all month if I could get away with it). I love my birthday! I always dreamed of celebrating my half birthday but never could convince my mom I deserves presents and cake at the 6 month mark... Grace Anne didn't quite get a birthday party, but she did get a present. She had played in a Jeep walker at Babies R Us last week and loved it. When I went to get it I found an adoreable pink car walker. It was more expensive, of course, but it was so cute.. and so girly and I opted last minute for the pink. We got home, assembled the walker and began to play. The store didn't have this particular walker on display so we hadn't "tested it." Plus, since it was an impulse purchase, I had not done my research!! (I always research these days)
Anyways, we get home and she is in the adorable pink car, cruising along much slower than she had in the Jeep. I looked down and her heels were rubbing the back bar on the walker! I am fully aware that there is a point in every girl's life where style will surpass comfort and the pain for beauty adage will ring true... but at 6 months old this is not a lesson to be learned. I'd much rather her heels be blistered from the must have, stylish shoes that SHE picks out one day than the half birthday present from Mommy and Daddy. So, we traded in the pink car.. returned it and got the Jeep. She loves the Jeep and its a much better fit.
On Friday, we had pictures taken. We really wanted to have family pictures, but we got some really cute pictures of Grace Anne as well. I can't wait to have the actual pictures! But here are a few of the proofs!
PS... she is trying so so hard to crawl! She can't stand it! She gets up and loses her balance and rolls over... so she will roll back to her tummy and try again. So funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment