Friday, April 23, 2010

Whew! What a Week!!

Any plan we had has changed 17 times. On Wednesday I received an email saying that my mentor was leaving the middle school and there would be a 6th grade math position open-- the perfect job at the perfect location... wow perfect grade, perfect subject... but was it the perfect job? Yes, 5 months ago it was the perfect job, it was what I wanted... it was ideal... BUT, then little Miss Grace Anne Kepley came into my life and shook things up! So... yes we have very little income coming in and logically this is the worse decision I could make, but my heart says to stay with my baby and today I told the principal at the middle school thanks for consideration but I couldn't do it yet. She admired my honesty and told me to come find her when I'm ready to go to work, but she understood and was a firm believer that family is first.. which makes me want to work for her one day-- great lady! I have always felt like she portrays similar mannerisms as my Mom and its kinda cool.

After the Wednesday night contemplation slash breakdown at the Kepley house, I got very little sleep. Grace Anne coughed all night and I stressed about stuff as I typically do... Then Thursday came along... Kris has been interviewing various places and Thursday he returned a call for a phone interview. They asked if he could interview right then and by the end of Thursday they had him booked on a flight to St. Louis for a face to face interview next week! The job would be in Nashville which would require a move so there are still a lot of "if"s. I believe it may just be a sign that following my heart is the right decision and that eventually something has to open up for him!

This weekend we will filled with company and rain. Grandma Jeanette and Papa Tommy along with Granddaddy are here to visit us and the sweet baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment