Friday, April 2, 2010

Mommy's Little Sweet Pea..
may actually be a sweet potato!





Well, somehow.. from day one.. maybe day three or four.. Mommy started calling little Grace Anne her Sweet Pea. Every night I tell her I love my sweet pea... Daddy never called her sweet pea... it was a Mommy thing. This week we started baby food. Grace Anne wasn't learning how to use the spoon with cereal alone! She needed something tasty.. so I bought sweet potatoes, pears, prunes (yeah I know that sounds not so tasty... but its baby food and it all looks nasty), squash, and peas. I started with pears, which I was nervous to start first as I don't want her to get hooked on only the sweet stuff... she needs to love vegetables! So pears were okay, but when sweet potatoes came along she quickly learned the concept of using a spoon. She loved them! Yesterday introduced squash, which she ate a decent amount of.. and made a mess with a substantial amount as well. Finally, today I tried the peas out... and well.. it was one of those moments that we refer to as a Kodak moment but somehow my handy camera wasn't handy. She absolutely hated them. It was the funniest face I've ever seen and they started coming back out very quickly!! Needless to say, we will be buying stain remover! So, that's why I'm not sure sweet pea is nearly as appropriate as sweet potato! haha

Oh, other huge milestone... we may be teething. Daddy and Mommy are convinced there is more to the slobber and sucking on her hand! The sqweals and tears followed by grabbing of the lower gum is also a major indication! It's funny since Mommy's tooth chipped and half broke off and fell out. It appears Mommy is losing a tooth and Grace Anne is getting one!


No comments:

Post a Comment