Wednesday, December 2, 2009

OH CHRISTMAS TREE, OH CHRISTMAS TREE!

Well December has arrived! We put the Christmas tree up and got a few decorations out of storage. I must admit, I didn't deck the halls to their fullest. There is just so much going on right now.. a newborn, finishing my portfolio, preparing for Daddy's graduation, etc. etc. etc. Honestly, these may be nothing but mere excuses for the fact that I couldn't get but about 3 weeks worth of mileage out of them and then I have to clean them up. Thanksgiving has been too late the last couple years...

So, the Christmas tree looks good! We have lots of travel related ornaments from Kris and I, Mom and I, etc. They range from Santa climbing the Eiffel Tower to a lovely map of the Pondarosa (for all the Bonanza fans out there-- yes I've been to the infamous Ponderosa ranch where the Cartwrights and Hop Sing did their Bonanza thing..) The tree is always so fun to put up for the mere fact that I'm flooded with many great memories and stories. Unfortunatly, this year I noticed our tree is tiny and that is going to have to change.. especially as we add mroe ornaments and travel to more destinations. Not to mention the space we put the tree in needs to grow-- next year Santa might need more space for Grace Anne! This year I think we will be okay!

This year Grace Anne was defiantly present for the decorating of the tree, but we look forward to the time we can tell her about the ornaments. We want to tell her about the Effel Tower ornament that Mommy and Daddy got when she was in Mommy's tummy and we didn't even know! We want to tell her about the pirate ship ornament from the Virgin Islands, and the slot machine we got in Vegas. There are so many memories to be made and we can't wait to spend time with our baby girl-- as long as she doesn't grow up too fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment