Friday, November 13, 2009

welcome to the world little one!

SHE HAS ARRIVED!

After a very interesting and exhausting pregnancy, Grace Anne arrived easily today! Little to her Mommy's knowledge, the contractions she experienced for 2 hours were INTENSE! I mean how would I have known since she is our first! But, the doctor said that contracting 2 cm in 2 hours that early in the process required some mega contractions. Unfortunately I was trying to convince myself that it was only going to get worse and I had to be strong.. it is all about the attitude right?

Daddy didn't exactly do well with Mommy dealing with pain and he was so concerned. He obviously didn't like me feeling so bad and was mortified by the look on my face! He made himself sick! Poor guy! He had to be forced to leave my side to throw up in the bathroom and not on me! What a great husband... don't you think? I'm so lucky... and so is Grace Anne! We have an awesome "man of the house."

Soon after that I had an epidural and life was good. I dialated to 10 cm in no time and by 12:45 I was ready to push! My OB was in a C-section so I had to hang tight a few min. They prepped our room and by 1:30 there were ready for ME and Miss Grace Anne. The first push was at 1:32 and Grace Anne came into the world at 1:50! It was fast, I laughed and joked with the nurses-- actually had a good experience. Thanks to the epidural and the amazing nursing staff... AND my awesome doctor-- who assured me I deserved an easy labor since my pregnancy was anything
but easy!

I got to hold her first and the picture is RIGHT after she was born... fortunately I don't even look like I just had a baby!! Daddy cut the cord and was quick to take her off my hands! He was so excited and I will never forget the look on his face! :)



We are all happy and healthy. Grace Anne was a PERFECT 10 on the Apgar! We feel she is a perfect 10 in many more ways than that, but we might be a little partial!

No comments:

Post a Comment