Monday, November 16, 2009

WE ARE GLAD TO BE HOME!

I must apologize to the fans and followers, Sunday was too hectic for a blog. We had a very rough night Saturday in the hospital! Grace Anne wasn't a happy camper and we didn't get much sleep. Luckily, we got to come home Sunday afternoon and sleep a little in shifts. We were glad to be home but sad to see all our family start to disappear. We wanted this week alone and we are excited to be together, but it was nice to have so much support and smiling faces!



Grace Anne left the hospital wearing the same outfit I wore home... how cool is that?
I'm in the first picture on the and Grace Anne is in the second. The bonnet was big on us both as you can see! She adjusted well to being home and the night was much better! I actually took her to the nursery and stayed in there so that Kris could sleep the night through. I know he was tired and I knew I'd need him to start the week out well rested! Tonight, he might be getting up. I've tried to really not take much pain medicine but I'm really going to be taking some tonight! The whole birthing of a child or possibly the episiatomy have actually made me a little sore. I am lucky to have a high tolerance for pain, and from what I've heard I'm just lucky to not be overly sore.

Today was a good family day. Kris took his mom to the airport this mornign. She tried to smuggle Grace Anne into her luggage but she wasn't successful. Kris and I took a nap with Grace Anne this morning and then we all went to the doctor this afternooon. The nurse told us to get her down to a clean diaper. Well Kris handed me a diaper, we undressed her and I put on the clean diaper. They told us to hold on to the dirty diaper. As I began fastening the new diaper she wet it! So as I was going for clean diaper #2 and Kris was watching her. Before I turned around she projected spit up across her mouth on to Kris' arm. So we then had a naked baby with spit up coming from her mouth. We didn't want the pediatrician to miss the spit up moment. Nonetheless, they didn't even act like we were total idiots! She has lost a few more ounces-- we go back Thursday for another weight check, but the doctor wasn't concerned!



As far as the dogs go....We still aren't sure how they are handling the new addition. One moment Brewski seems to careless and the next he is growling. Heidi doesn't seem to mind and oscar hasn't shown much emotion, he just won't stay out of the way and he keeps whining which is driving me nuts! So, we are being very cautious! I don't understand why Brewski can't be as sweet as the male schnauzer my parents had when I a baby. Is this picture not precious? I can only hope that one day I'll be able to blog about brewski laying beside sweet Grace Anne and protecting her. I don't think it'll be too soon though!

And on that note, I'm going to tell you folks, Grace Anne is ready to eat and when she calls Mommy and Daddy jump! So much has changed in the last several days and its been great. We feel truly blessed. We already dread her getting bigger and growing up but we know each stage will be exciting and we know she won't always be little and the growing up thing would happen.. We are 100% responsible for a little one now and don't want to miss a moment of the joyus time. Though my blogging fans and followers are important-- my sweet baby girl is #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment