Saturday, November 14, 2009

Aren't the pretty? Daddy-o sent Mommy and Grace Anne beautiful flowers. 11 pink roses and 1 yellow in remembrance of Gran Gran Grace! The card was sooo sweet too! "For the two loves of my life! Love, Daddy/Kris"..... Okay enough on the sappy note- we all know I'm not sappy!

Today was very busy! It may seem somewhat impossible that a baby could meet so many people in the first 24 hours. But, then again look at who we are dealing with.. Mommy knows quite a few people, but Gran Gran Grace was like the record holder for knowing and meeting new people. Why should Grace Anne be anything less than Miss Popular!?


Also, it was game day! We had a mini football party in our hospital room (or so it seemed). Grace Anne ended up not being able to wear her game day pants, she did wear her hat even though it was too big too. She unfortunately didn't see the best game for her first football Saturday of her little existence. But, I guess she wasn't 100% engaged in the game considering she her self was being passerd around the room like a football.

We have visitors from 4 other states.. pretty amazing! We have representation from North Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky and Louisiana (of course lots of locals too!). I must say-- it has been quite exciting to have rotating faces because I, Liz Kepley, have now been out of this hospital since Thursday. I think this may some sort of world record as so many people think I'm a road runner. But, luckily, I've not been in bed much. After pacing the room last night... the Kepley family started walking the halls! I've been in motion a lot today and we've already warned Grace Anne that this family stays on the move!


Baby update wise, Grace Anne is still a perfect 10. The pediatrician (who was so cute in his bow tie, cardigan, and penny loafers) agreed she was pretty amazing! He didn't have any concerns when he came in this morning! I really liked him a lot. He had a somewhat old-fashioned demeanor , seemed to really truly care about his little patients, and had just an all around good attitude. And, well he did say Grace Anne was beautiful and insisted he had seen enough babies to know. So, why wouldn't we like him? He must be a pretty smart man.

This afternoon our little sweet pea got her picture taken in the outfit I wore coming home from the hospital oh so many years ago! Her Poppy recognized it right away and her Aunt Beth said she looked all too familiar. She was precious with her little puckered out lips-- I don't think the actually picture could do her justice! The nurse we had yesterday was with us again today and she was nothing less than amazing. Kris, "Aunt" Christy, and I all got to trot back there for the photo opt. The nurse gave her a little sugar water and Grace Anne ate it up!

Looks like we will be headed home tomorrow!We are super excited about taking her home and spending quality time with her as our little one!

As for now this post must come to an end. I know I am lacking the ample amount of pictures, but Grace Anne will be back from her midnight check up soon and honestly I'm just too tired-- no naps for Mommy and Daddy with all our company today. I hope that I have no disappointed any of our fans or followers! P


No comments:

Post a Comment