Tuesday, October 19, 2010



Let's face it.. there are not enough hours in a day. Really... just 24? They seem to get away from me! How do I manage bargain hunting, showering, changing diapers, picking up book after book, cooking dinner (when I do), chasing the fastest crawler in South Texas, watching Elmo's world... pretending to be an exterminator, AND socializing with both adults and kiddos?! Yeah, I'm telling you that 24 hours is just not enough

Regardless, we have had a great weekend at the Kepley Casa! Friday morning Grace Anne and I went to a 2 year old birthday party on the Island. She loves to swing so of course she was A-OK with being at the park! The party was so cute and Tamara, the mom, did such a good job with the Pink Poddle in the Park theme! Check out the super cute cupcakes!

Friday night was Daddy and Daughter night ... and Mommy's Night Out with other mommies! We went to a friends house and had amazing food and drinks... and interesting conversations! Saturday was great too though, the whole family headed over to a friend's house to watch some football and eat more yummy food. Grace Anne got to play with her little friends (and Daddy got to see adults and socialize in a non-work-related-manner!) Oh and did I mention the yummy food? Kris hasn't quit talking about the homemade BBQ sauce!
Sunday, well today, we went to San Antonio. It was so much fun. We shopped, strolled, Daddy had gelato while Grace Anne and Mommy shared yogurt with fresh raspberries from Orange Cup. Just as we were about to leave The Shops at La Cantera Kris decided we should run by the restroom. Grace Anne and I were headed to the ladies room when I caught a tall black man in the corner of my eye. I continued walking, but I'm beginning to have a trained eye for spotting athletes! (which is no surprise since we've played that game" for years now) As I turned to go into the restroom I heard a lady say, "We love you, we are fans!" and that was the only confirmation I needed! I turned back around and scurried to the mens room door. I dug for my cell phone, which of course I couldn't find because I never can... I wanted to tell Kris that an extremely tall black man was about to enter the restroom he was in. I was unable to give him notice but when Kris exited the bathroom I was certain by the look on his face that the former NBA star had not gone unnoticed. We stood there a few seconds and David Robinson, San Antonio Spurs' retired center.. also called "The Admiral, walked out of the very restroom Kris had just exited. He was so nice and we chatted a second about the good ol' days... okay thats a lie.. we chatted a millisecond and then asked for his picture. Obviously, I'm not shy and we got a great shot of Kris, Grace Anne, and the 7-ft tall, Olympian gold medalist/NBA hall-of-famer! Oh yes, and while I'm confessing the truths here, I must admit-- I had no clue who this dude was! I basically got the scoop on David Robinson after the fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment