Tuesday, March 2, 2010

you + me + baby = three
Yesterday we celebrated our anniversary. It was a snowy day in Knoxville. Two years ago when we got married on Linquist Beach in St. Thomas, USVI it was far from chilly! The sun was shining and the weather and waves were perfect. This anniversary didn't bring diamonds or bling.. no major gift giving and no trips... just cards, dinner, and TCBY.. and a small flower bouquet-- because Kris had to break the rules and couldn't stand to not have flowers for me! :) We have to thank the stinky economy and other factors that have lead to our lifestyle of acting poor! Nonetheless, the simplicity made it fabulous! We got to spend time together as a couple with our newest addition! We know more and more each day that we don't need material things because we have one another-- something we strive daily to not take for granted!

Grace Anne is really struggling with reflux. Friday we saw the on-call pediatrician. He suggest that we switch formula. We were a little hesitant, but over the weekend we made the change in hopes that it would relieve some of her pain. We did notice taht she wasn't arching her back as bad or straining to make a dirty diaper.... BUT, she was spitting up just as much, possibly more. The spit up was more forceful and last night was officially miserable. The poor kid cried off and on for an hour and a half! For some kids that may not seem like a very long time, but for her that is probably the longest she has ever cried. Mommy and Grace Anne will probably be making a trip to the pediatrician today in hopes of a reflux medicine change. Something has to work!

On another note, I've finally managed to get decent at making bows! I've always liked messing around with crafty stuff, to me its relaxing and fun... but the whole bow thing was frustrating me because I just wasn't happy with what I was making. Finally at the end of last week I mastered the bow making thing. I'm even going to attempt selling bows on etsy and hopefully I'll make enough to pay for the materials! In turn it will allow Grace Anne to have tons of bows!! (I made the one she is wearing in the picture above!) I'm even working on headbands and tutus too! So tell your friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment