Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Grace Anne"...
Her name is "Grace Anne"..

we call her "Grace Anne"
(not Grace, not Gracie, it's GRACE ANNE)


So it didn't bother me too much at first.. I wasn't totally annoyed by the thought that Grace Anne might one day be something besides Grace Anne... Kris on the other hand was adamant about calling her Grace Anne and correcting those who referred to her as anything other. Well then she arrived and we called her Grace Anne, the name was fitting.. she's worthy of a double name and now I am just as adamant. I feel bad correcting people at times, but Kris insists that we correct them ASAP! So, please call her Grace Anne and save our nerves! (You'd think the whole Double Name concept was something new and completely crazy... its not.. its been going on for centuries-- unfortunatly with all the soap opera names and nick names people forget that our precious baby is deserving of BOTH names and she should be called Grace Anne. So like it or not, respect our wishes and call the little one by her name.)

Another pet peeve we've encountered again this week is the bow situation. I love the big bows, I think they are precious and I love the headbands. She may hate bows one day, she may fight me to keep them in her hair and on her head, but at 4 months old she doesn't seem to mind them and I think they are sweet. I know not everyone shares this opinion.. and I know that some of her bows are rather large... BUT if I wanted randoms opinions on how to dress my child (bow or not) I would ask for them.. and I'm warning you now.. I don't need nor want your opinion on how my child needs to be dressed. So, lady at Kroger take note if you happen to be reading this blog (which I'm sure you aren't because you are a complete stranger)! Oh yeah and Kroger lady-- the bow is not as big as her head, thank you.. maybe half the size... but still!

Okay, sorry for the built up rage-- I'm just passionate about a few things ... :)

Last night we took a little trip to the ER at Children's Hospital. Grace Anne has had some poo-issues and seems to have a tear from straining. Nothing too serious luckily and we have a few tricks up our sleeves to alliviate pain and heal the tear. The picture above is her drinking apple juice in the hospital room.. she loved it!

On a lighter note, this morning Daddy got a text from Granddaddy and Grandy saying there was an Easter Egg hunt for Grace Anne in our guest room. As odd as it sounds, it was quite clever! When Granddaddy and Grandy came to visit a few weeks ago they hit an Easter present for Grace Anne. Since Grace Anne is only 4 and 1/2 months old, Mommy and Daddy had to search for it. It took them a little while... I suppose that we've gotten out of practice in our old age (since we are soooo old). But, the surprise was a precious Easter outfit we had seen at a boutique when they were in town! She will look fabulous in it this upcoming holiday!!


We did get a jogging stroller! We really can't jog until she is 6 months and has even more neck control, but the doctor said that walking was fine and we also have the added support to help her stay still. The pictures above are from our first time trying out our new jogger!

Oh and the VOLS are in the elite 8 and play tomorrow afternoon, and the little kitty cats from KY are headed home!

No comments:

Post a Comment