Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Let's win the lotto...
So, I'm quite the coupon Mom and that made losing my coupon holder a devastating event! I'm pretty sure I left it at Kroger, but no one turned it into the lost and found! I had tons of great coupons in it and lots of diaper coupons that Kris' grandmother had collected and sent me. I searched the house, the car, the diaper bag.. everywhere imaginable. I also had Kris search everything. After repeating our search about... oh... 10 times, no luck. I think it is gone! So annoying, disappointing, and frustrating. Kris assured me that I could get a new one and our neighbors saved their Sunday coupons to help me "rebuild" our coupon stash. But, its not the same and losing it makes me sad. I love getting a good deal, there is something internally rewarding to find something we normally buy or have to have at an exceptionally good deal (especially now that we are poor.. well you know what I mean.) Nonetheless, I bought a new coupon organizer (for $1, which is a good deal) and I've begun to rebuilt my stash. If anyone comes across Pampers coupons ... I love those! (hint hint)

In other news, the weather has been fabulous and we've walked everyday since like Thursday of last week. I always put Grace Anne in the Baby Bjorn and that has been the best method. Yesterday when we got to the track at Catholic she had just fallen asleep, I didn't want to risk waking her up from a rare mid-afternoon slumber so I left her in the carseat and hooked the carseat into the stroller to go on our merry little way! We began walking and I soon learned that our stroller is perfect for shopping; it handles aisles and passing bargain hunters quite well... it does not handle outdoor activities as nicely. She might as well have been off roading in a Jeep with no shocks. The mid-day slumber was quickly shortened by the bumping and jarring of the trail. Keep in mind, this track is paved and very user friendly-- we aren't hiking rough terrain or getting extremely adventurous! So, needless to say, it is back to the Baby Bjorn until... we get a jogging stroller (which that may never happen so we might ought to be thankful she is a runt and I can still manage to carry her in the baby bjorn!)

Why can't we just win the lottery? We'd buy a jogging stroller, a Britax carseat (which we will be buying regardless..), and a FlipIt (which we discovered via a Babies R Us flyer). It is definitely the coolest thing ever!!!! You can make baby face out or face you by just moving the handle... it is so simple and I had once imagined a stroller that would do this very thing. Why didn't I market the idea before Graco? So, after an in-store inspection, this Mommy is officially impressed! Daddy was in love with the idea because he has always been obsessed with her being able to face us, which she can in her current stroller (that will be of no use once she outgrows her carseat carrier). It's amazing how your lottery winning dreams change when you have a sweet little girl.. (and your poor). Now we want baby gear instead of a new car or trip to some exotic locale.. well lets be realistic here.. we are travelers.. we want the baby gear and if there is money left --it's the lottery for pete's sake-- we also want a trip avec bebe (of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment