Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The most amazing thing happened today...
Grace Anne Kepley took a NAP..

Our child is queen of the catnap. A 10 or 15 minute nap is all she needs and then she is ready to go for hours. I've tried to break this and tried very hard to get her to sleep more than 15 minutes. For months I've struggled. Over the weekend we spent some time with Kris' grandparents and four of their friends. All six of them were amazed at the fact Grace Anne needed such little sleep and was so smiley and active on very little ZZzzz's. BUT, today I told Kris I was putting her down at 1pm for a nap. It ended up being nearly 1:30, but she went to sleep and slept almost 2 hours. She woke up, had a bottle and slept another 20 minutes. It was so amazing. I got sooooo much done. I didn't realize it was possible to mop, clean the bathroom, straighten up the den and do other tasks during the afternoon. We usually play all afternoon. So, I'm going to try this again tomorrow. I hope I'm as lucky, although I am realizing that she had to be absolutly exhausted after an exciting weekend and waking up at 5am... But, maybe my theory of exhaustion is wrong and she will atleast sleep an hour a day.. maybe?
Other milestone news, our scooter is a crawler. Yesterday we saw the big transition from scooting to crawling. So watch out world. Tonight she has been ALL over the den!


Daddy thinks Grace Anne is ready to try driving the BMW... Mommy disagrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment