Friday, February 5, 2010

CRIB TIME?.. no thanks, Mommy.


Anyways, we hit the 12 week mark TODAY. Yes, our baby is 12 weeks old. I can't believe it!
Last night I decided that the sleeping in the bouncy seat or on our chest on the couch should come to an end. I never ever thought my child wouldn't be sleeping in a crib by now.. but guess what.. she isn't. I'm a terrible Mommy... she won't sleep a long time in the crib or bassinet. It is not going to happen in one night (even if I thought it would I managed to prove that theory wrong last night). I have hit a level of exhaustion though. Daddy is okay with letting her sleep on his chest, but he stays up until 3am and then gets to go get in bed until 9am or so... Mommy on the other hand gets up at 3am after only sleeping a couple hours (because getting in bed early has gone out the window with Daddy's new work schedule) and then I get the morning feeding duties with a little one that is an early bird. -- which may not come to a surprise to anyone that knows me or better yet Gran Gran Grace..! She is wide awake and ready to play at 6am. So, needless to say, I am in need of some sleep and it doesn't seem be quite that easy! We just haven't managed to get to where we sleep in bed and she wakes us when she cries. By the time she goes to sleep we seem to be dosing off on the couch. I know we aren't doing this whole parenting thing by the text book and probably not how you'd do it-- but its our kid, our lives, and we aren't soliciting for advice! Thanks though. I think what really set me off was the fact that a girl I know had on facebook that her baby, that is like 8 weeks old, slept all night-- I knew at that moment I was a terrible mother and I had to work on getting my sweet pea in her bed or bassinet or something.




Today I set up the Jumparoo. The instructions say 4 months and older. But, I figured that our little runt could try it out.. simply because she is strong enough to hold her head pretty steady. Keep in mind she is still only in the 18th percentile for weight! Her feet don't come close to touching the ground (hence the blanket and towel in picture above) and it took 3 receiving blankets stuffed all around her to fill in the gaps around her in the seat, but she liked it nonetheless! She is not a big baby by any means! As a matter of fact, we went to Wal-Mart tonight and the cashier, whose name happened to be Tiny (ironic I know), said "Oh hunny, she is very small for a 3 month old." But, Tiny said she was precious and we were welcome to come through her line any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment