Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Where does time go?

It's really just crazy. I sit down for two minutes and think "I should blog" and then does it ever happen.. clearly not.. don't even answer or rub it in. I used to have quite the following.. okay.. another lie. But, I'm going to try to fill the family and friends that do care in on occasion. (you've heard it before.. I know I know but my aspirations have been lowered-- notice I said "on occassion"

See this is the thing.. when Grace Anne was a baby I:
1. got tons of unsolicited advice that I ranted about..
2. I loved each cue and smile so much I wanted to tell the world.. my blog world (as it turns out 50%-75% of the time no one really cared.. or maybe they did but she was a baby baby then)
3. Prior to age 1 she was basically imobile. yes, she could crawl.. but no walking, running, climbing, jumping, marching, etc.
The new dynamic... now I just hear other moms brag, complain, judge, and do other things to create drama (which Kris so lovingly calls "Mama Drama"). There are still those who offer advice.. and I'm sure I'm guilty of it at times too.. but I'm a veteran mama now.. she's almost 2 1/2! haha As far as telling the world her every move-- well that is much harder to do when she's talking, walking, running, jumping, laughing, eating, smiling, whining, singing, dancing simultaneously! Which do I pick to tell about.. gosh knows I don't have the time to explain every last thing she does! And, finally.. that brings me to the third reason (or excuse).. mobility creates dictates our lives--she is always on the go. Okay, so there ya go.. did my excuses make any impact?

**One disclaimer, I'm not writing these details in any attempt to brag or nominate myself for Mom of the Year**

Grace Anne is full of energy! She's eager to learn and very active. AND, has a mind of her own!! She's Miss Independent I must say, I've loved every stage but we have a really fun stage. In the beginning of last August more and more "T" stuff appeared in our house. She quickly inquired "What's that?" and we told her "T"... as she started to ask "What's that?" more and more. She knew all upper case letters (by recognition) prior to her 2nd birthday. I thought that was normal.. maybe not? Since this accomplishment she's become a sponge... Obviously she is our first.. our one and only.. and this is all new to us.

When it comes to playing.. she loves puzzles. We have several wood/peg/cut out puzzles and she dumps the pieces out and puts them back in-- reciting the colors and letters. She's so proud of herself when she gets them right or puts it back together... (fingers crossed this continues.. ).
She also spends a lot of time playing in her kitchen... handing Kris and I every last play kitchen item she owns. It's funny watching her pick up one item, bringing it to one of us and saying "here Mommy..." or "here Daddy..." before running back to get the one item for the other person. It's always one item at a time.. so this is a long process. She adores hats and dressing up! She wears those loud Cinderella plastic shoes on a daily basis. Loves getting clothes and shoes in the mail (thank goodness because I LOVE buying them and I have to buy everything online -- Corpus shopping stinks) She also loves her babies, but she's mentioned Barbies a few times lately- she only has one! (kinda weird to hear Barbie talk because I don't encourage Barbies-- I was a baby doll girl) But, that being said-- she loves Minnie Mouse, swinging, trains, cars, Beauty and the Beast, balls,her "bike", jumping on the trampoline and building with blocks too!
She also loves to read books. At night we now line up along the couch. Brewski gets the chair... then it's Kris, Grace Anne, and I. Grace Anne distributes books to each of us. I always read mine aloud so she can possibly get something out of it. She pretends to read her's but usually becomes consumed in mine. Kris usually pretends to read his silently because if he isn't looking at the books she's sure to redirect his attention to the pages between his fingers. She means business!
She loves painting, crafts, and has started to like cooking. The cooking thing is funny but a challenge. I don't like people in my kitchen when I cook so her presence often leads to chaoticness! But, we usually survive with no burnt meals or body parts! (She insists on wearing an apron and says "Help you, I help you")

Finally, the proudest moment I've faced as a mother... Target. Grace Anne loves Target. We were in the Target shopping center the other day but I had no intentions of going to Target... but she kept saying Target. I drove by Target and she went nuts. I asked her "Do you want to go Target?" and she said "YEAH! Tarrrrrget" so of course.. how could I say no to that?! Last night I wanted to go to Target and when I asked "Grace Anne do you want to go to Target?" she quickly abandoned her toys and said "Mommy.. Target!! Let's go!" I hope she's always my little shopper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment